With many people going to SEO agency Manchester on a regular basis asking for tips on how to prove their website’s visibility in local search results – Today we are going to be providing some local SEO tips for all to take advantage of. If you are a small or local business owner therefore looking to improve your local online visibility it is imperative that you carry on reading this article…
The best thing is, you don’t have to follow all of these tips either – simply choose the ones that you want to implement first and so things one step at a time, before you know it you will be succeeding online locally better than ever before.
Local SEO Tips
- First of all you should ensure that you have an address in the city or town which you are looking to target – This doesn’t mean that you have to go out and purchase a property; you can now hire virtual addresses for incredibly low costs.
- Create a Google My Business listing and verify it. When creating this ensure that all of the information and details that you enter are accurate and up to date.
- Check the web for any duplicate Google My Business listings and remove them if you find any – Having more than one can confuse people and leave them not trusting companies.
- Ensure that the contact details including phone number, email address, physical address and more are consistent across the web.
- Make it as easy as possible for people to find you, not only listing your contact details on the contact page of your website, but ensuring that your phone number and other information is clearly visible on all of your website pages.
- If you do have a physical store than you should add a map of your business’s location to your website – You can do this simply by searching for your businesses address on Google Maps and getting the code to embed on your website.
- Keywords are still important when looking to get found locally, however you need to mention your location too. On each of your website’s landing pages you should include location and keywords.
- Create separate pages on your website for all of the individual locations that you target and optimise these accordingly.
- Make sure that you website content is unique throughout your website.
- You need to make sure that your website not only looks great, loads quickly and is easy to navigate on a PC but also on mobile to cater for the growing number of mobile users searching for local services on their phones.
- Get people to leave you reviews on your Google My Business listing and other review sites, people may leave you these off their own back but do not be afraid to ask your customers to leave you reviews in the emails and newsletters which you send out.
These are only some of the available tips for those looking to enhance their local online presence too –If you can think of any which we have missed, don’t hesitate to comment below.