Every photographer desires to show their creativity and imagination via appealing and impactful images hence keep on experimenting with different types of photography such as double exposure, levitation, low angle, etc. Nowadays there are numerous compatible and effective editing softwares loaded with advance features and controls available in the marketplace to aid photographers to enhance the quality of the photos for best end result without much effort. Even people from different walks of life can conveniently make utmost use of tools to make each image standout.
Old but impactful technique
Since decades double exposure images has impressed viewers with its surreal and magical impact hence photographers used to capture two exposures on a single frame of film. But nowadays multiple exposure images can be easily shot with digital camera and also for those who are not comfortable with camera can also manipulate two images with high performance editing software without breaking their heads. Some of the equipments that might give a push to your creativity in double exposure photography are
- Camera with double exposure features such as Canon EOS-1D X, Nikon DSLRs, Olympus OM-D line, Sony A6X and A7, etc.
- A tripod
- Remote trigger, receiver or transceiver
- Flash guns or strobes
- A backdrop or wall
Although photographers love to play around with different styles in double exposure but most of the novice photographers face challenges while capturing good double exposure images as they lack ideas. Some of the ideas for improving double exposure photography are
- Photos of a silhouette paired with impactful photos with prominent textures, details, patterns
- Use portrait as base image and overlay with any other photo of your interest such as landscape, nature, city view, architecture or pattern
- Combine two spectacular photos of a similar subject or two double exposure images
- Regardless of the type of images you capture for best end result stimulate the effect of the images with photo editing software such as Luminar, Photoshop, Plumier, etc.